Friday, September 15, 2006

Great Turkish Cookbook

One book that I highly recommend, if you can get your hands on it, is Samples from Turkish Cuisine, edited by Ayşe Baysal. This is a fabulous collection of authentic Turkish recipes and is by far the Turkish cookbook I use the most.

My copy was a gift from my husband when we were living in Turkey. He got it free through his job. Now I see it's selling for quite a bit online. But I'll try to provide as many of the best recipes as I can without violating fair use.

One of the things I like best about this cookbook is that it includes measurements in both metric and English systems. Thus I was able to use it easily while living in Turkey and then back in the US.

I have another Turkish cookbook I like quite a bit: The Delights of Turkish Cooking by Neşet Eren.

I prefer Samples from Turkish Cuisine because its recipes are the more common, everyday foods Turks cook themselves, whereas The Delights of Turkish Cooking tends to be a bit more gourmet, though it does have delicious recipes, and I will include some in this blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...