Friday, June 15, 2007

Natural Shampoo

Last December I read some posts online about replacing your shampoo with a more natural combination of baking soda and vinegar. So I decided to give it a try.

I've been using baking soda and vinegar for several months now, and have to say I am extremely pleased with the results and will probably never go back to regular shampoo. I have very fine hair with natural curl, but most shampoos tend to weigh my hair down and make it straighter. Not so with the BS/V. I've got more curl than I ever remember having before, plus no split ends.

The BS/V is very easy to do. Most of the info I saw online said to make a paste in the palm of your hand with about a tablespoon of baking soda and water. But my hair's so long, that I just sprinkle the baking soda all over my scalp. Then, working with the pads of your fingers, scrub the baking soda into your scalp good. This not only loosens the dirt and oils, but stimulates the blood flow into your scalp.

After rinsing the baking soda out of your hair well, then spray or pour a combo of apple cider vinegar and water. Rinse immediately. The vinegar seems to act as a conditioner, and if I don't rinse it out immediately, my hair gets a bit limp.

That's it.

BS/V shampoo will not only be easier on your hair and scalp, but also your wallet and the environment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...